Code of Conduct
Parent, Carer and Visitor Code of Conduct
At Penpol School we are very fortunate to have very supportive and friendly parents.
Our parents recognise that educating children is a process that involves partnership between home and school and understand the importance of a good working relationship to equip children with the necessary skills for adulthood. For these reasons, we welcome and encourage parents/carers to participate fully in the life of our school.
The purpose of this policy is to support all parent and visitors to our school with regards to expected conduct so that we can work together to ensure a safe and positive school environment for our children.
Respect and concern for others and their rights
We expect parents and carers to show respect and concern for others by:
- supporting the respectful ethos of our school by setting a good example in their own speech and behaviour towards all members of the school community;
- working together with teachers for the benefit of children. This includes approaching the school to resolve any issues of concern and to discuss and clarify specific events in order to bring about a positive solution;
- reinforcing the school’s policy on Behaviour;
- respecting the learning environment appropriately (both in school and off site);
- parking with consideration and respect for others when delivering and collecting children from school.
In order to support a peaceful and safe school environment, the school does not tolerate:
- disruptive behaviour which interferes with the operation of a classroom, an office area or any other part of the school grounds;
- using loud and/or offensive language or displaying temper;
- threatening harm or the use of physical aggression towards another adult or child. This includes approaching someone else’s child in order to discuss or chastise them and physical punishment against your own child on school premises. (Some actions may constitute an assault with legal consequences);
- damaging or destroying school property;
- abusive, threatening, malicious or inflammatory emails, phone or social network messages;
- smoking and consumption of alcohol or other drugs or accessing the school site whilst intoxicated.
The above behaviours on school premises will be reported to the appropriate authorities and Governors may prohibit an offending adult from entering the school grounds to safeguard our school community.
Use of Social Media Websites
Penpol School considers the use of social media websites for malicious, illegal, or intimidatory purposes unacceptable and not in the best interests of the children or the whole school community. Any concerns parents have can be addressed directly with the Class Teacher, the Headteacher or the Chair of Governors, so they can be dealt with fairly, appropriately and effectively for all concerned.
In cases of serious abuse, including libellous or defamatory statements and threats of violence, the school will consider legal options to deal with any misuse of social networking and other sites. Additionally, inappropriate social networking entries by any member of the school community to publicly humiliate another will be considered to be an incident of school bullying, and will be treated as such. The Senior Leadership Team and/or Governors may prohibit an offending adult from entering the school grounds to safeguard our school community.