Year 4 Curriculum
Our experienced and highly dedicated teachers and assistants in Year 4 pride themselves on their creative approach to teaching. We continue to build upon children’s prior knowledge in Year 3 and strive to embed a love of learning that encourages all children to be self-motivated, inquisitive and happy learners. We recognise that every child is special and unique. Working closely together, teachers plan and deliver creative lesson that cater for pupils of all abilities and dispositions. We have a dedicated team of support workers who help pupils where needed.
We strive to create a safe and stimulating classroom environment, which is steeped in mutual respect. The children take part in several curriculum workshops and activities in science, art and history. We encourage creativity in every area of the curriculum and endeavour to foster a love of the arts through drama, dance, literature and music.
We also ensure that the children have the skills they need to be a successful member of our modern British society. We ensure they have an understanding of different beliefs and cultures and learn acceptance, tolerance and respect towards others.
By the end of Year 4 we want our pupils to:
- Be self-motivated and dedicated learners
- Begin to assess their own input into their learning and how to make improvements
- Be independent readers and confident with Times Tables
- Intrinsically motivated to investigate topics at home and be creative
- Show a high level of courtesy and respect to all members of our school community and beyond
Year 4 Teaching Staff
Mrs N Hamilton
Mrs J Riches
Mrs H James
Year 4 Curriculum Overview
Click to view full size